Wednesday, November 16

Let's talk about Lips

Lately I've been wanting to add a new item to my make-up bag. Lipstick. Seeing how I'm new to this I thought I should try out a few different shades from palest nudes to the darkest brights. But I didn't want to break the bank doing so. So I went to my local beauty supply store "Sally's" and pick up $6 worth of their mini lipsticks. 
Below are the 6 shades that I picked out. Hopefully this inspires you to be adventurous and try some fun bright lipsticks. 
A product thumbnail of Sally Girl Mini Lipstick Manic
MANIC
This lipstick came out looking a lot frostier on my lips then it appeared in the tube. It's the kinda shade that looks great paired with a dark smoky eye.  
A product thumbnail of Mini Lipstick
UNITY
Now I think this one just might be my favourite. This pinky/nude shade is tame enough to wear day to day. And gives the final touch to that fresh faced look. 
A product thumbnail of Sally Girl Mini Lipstick T.K.O.
T.K.O
Okay, this vibrant pink is so fun! Right?! Great for pairing with bright coloured items of clothing, like a royal blues or yellows. But I would suggest minimal make-up on every other part of your face, When you got lips like this who needs all the extra?

A product thumbnail of Sally Girl Mini Lipstick
HOLIDAY RED
All though the boy thinks this colour looks horrendous on me, I quite like it. I wore this shade to school the other day with some blue jeans and a knit sweater. Taming this colour down with comfy clothes makes this shade seem not so scary. And for my brown sistas out there give this colour a whirl, you just might like it.

A product thumbnail of Sally Girl 1st Crush Mini Lipstick
1ST CRUSH
Whoopi called....She wants her lipstick back.

A product thumbnail of Sally Girl Mini Lipstick
BRUNT ORANGE
And last but not least.... BOOM! ↑ When I first laid eyes upon this sucker I knew I had to get it. Just don't ask me how or where I'm going to wear this.

So how bout it? What shades are you willing to try? Happy lipstick shopping!

2 comments:

  1. You're so pretty! These are great photos. I think you pull off all the shades well. I've been meaning to try the bright orange lip! Haha....Whoopi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this Sally's place? I'm not usually a lipstick person either, but lately I've felt like trying it out, but I don't wanna spend a ton either lol.

    They all look really good on you...but I agree about the Whoopi one haha.

    P.S. You photograph really well. Do you do any modelling at all?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...